Customers purchase products they can see, touch, and in this case, smell. Research shows candles placed at eye level have increased sales. Placing a tester in front of each scent makes it easy for customers to sample scents and choose their favorites.
Creating a scentscape in your store is a proven tool for success. Ideal places to have a tester candle burning are in the middle of your store – so the sent throw is as wide as possible. By checkout works great too. Warming our wax melts in a fragrance warmer is another cost-effective and flame free method to safely showcase top selling scents as well as seasonal favorites.
Wholesale accounts that stock the most candle scents, up to our full line, are producing the highest sales of our products. Keep in mind that individuals all have different personal scent preferences and variety is the key to success.
Here are ways to help you get the most out of your TRH testers.
- We recommend burning our glass candle for a maximum of three hours at a time. Once our candles have a full burn pool; the candle is completely melted and scent is strongly diffused throughout a space.
- Always trim the candle wick 1/4 of an inch before relighting. Not trimming the wick causes the flame to elongate, simply wasting the candle by burning its wax too quickly or becoming too hot.
- Wick trimmers are a great way to trim your wick. Otherwise simply break the sooty tip off with a tissue or paper towel. Just make sure the wick and candle have cooled.
- When the tester reaches a ¼ inch of wax in the bottom, discontinue use and recycle the container.
- We recommend starting the melter with one cube. If the scent throw is not strong enough, depending on the size of your store, just add another cube. Our wax melts last 2 to 5 days per cube.
- When you are ready to change scents and clean your wax melter there are a couple of options. The easiest is to turn the machine off and while the wax is still melted, simply wipe out the wax with a paper towel. Another option, once the wax is cooled is to place the top dish of the melter into the freezer for 20 minutes and the wax will just pop right out.
And if you’d like photography of our products to use on your social media sites, we’ve got the hookup here. Just download and share with your followers.
Since the beginning, we have always encouraged our customers to bring back our candle containers for us to recycle. While this is a great practice to save mother earth, we have also found that it increases return visits, repeat sales and customer loyalty.
We highly encourage you to try your own version of this program as it will increase overall sales. We typically offer $2 off on the customer’s next glass candle purchase when they bring us their used candle to recycle. We then turn the containers in at our local recycling station. We encourage you to recycle them at your local recycling center.
Just a few items that we find useful in our shop, that we think you might like to assist you in your shop. Happy Selling!